September 13, 2023
By: Nancy Ross Bell
As MHR is in the midst of our 32nd year in business, I am pleased to present to you our updated Vision, which focuses on you, our treasured clients.
We empower healthcare organizations to reach their fullest potential through successful NCQA accreditation, driving excellence, and raising the bar in healthcare quality standards.
Empowering organizations has always been one of our main objectives. We train, coach, and share insights to enable you to succeed independently. This year, we expanded our communications to you in the form of newsletters, blogs, client-only webinars, additional training programs, and face-to-face connections at various conferences.
Our next face-to-face connection will be on October 24 at NCQA’s Health Innovation Summit in Orlando, Florida, where I will be hosting a client dinner meeting. If you have not yet responded, please send me an email to let me know you will be joining us.
Contact me to see how we can help you.
Susan K. Moore, President & CEO
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
September 12, 2023
Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage: 2022
The US Census Bureau
- Online News Conference 10 a.m. ET
September 27, 2023
Social Determinants of Health: Moving Beyond Data to Action
- Minneapolis, MN
October 3-5, 2023
28th Case Management Conference Annual
National Association of Case Management
- New Orleans, LA
October 15-17, 2023
The 13th Annual HEDIS® & Quality Improvement Summit
- New Orleans
- Orlando, FL
- Washington, D.C.
November 9, 2023
- Tampa, FL
November 16, 2023
Race, Ethnicity, SOGI, Income, and Language in Patient Reg
- Live Webinar
April 19-22, 2024
2024 National Conference American Case Management Association
- Nashville, TN
Many of MHR’s Consultants are also NCQA Surveyors and undergo periodic training with NCQA. Here are some brief insights from a recent session.
- Three is the number of documents that must be in place when the Scope of Review indicates throughout the lookback period. We recommend documents at the beginning, middle, and end of your lookback period.
- Annual is the period of 12 months plus a 2-month grace period (12-14 months) to allow organizations to complete an activity after it is due and not before (i.e., not less than 12 months since the prior analysis). If you need to change your business cycle for less than 12 months during the look-back period, you must document the need in committee minutes AND discuss this with your NCQA surveyor. If you wish to change cycles, do it the year after your survey that is not included in the two-year look-back period.
- Preparing for a survey under the 2023 Health Plan Accreditation standards? Be sure to implement Corrections and Policy Changes within 90 calendar days of the Interactive Review Tool (IRT) release date, which is the same as the publishing date of the document.
- Undergoing a Single Site Multiple Entity (SSME) survey? QI 3 A on Continuity & Coordination of Medical Care is required to be reviewed at the Accreditable Entity Level for SSME, meaning a full quantitative and qualitative (Q&Q) analysis is required for each legal entity.
CALENDAR OF OBSERVANCES
Month Awareness Calendar for Population Health Management Activity Ideas
Hispanic Heritage Month (9/15-10/15)
MHR was incorporated in 1991 and specializes in preparing organizations for all NCQA accreditation and certification products.
All MHR consultants were responsible for NCQA accreditation in their previous roles before joining MHR as an independent consultant. Most consultants are also NCQA surveyors and the majority are clinicians.
We welcome hearing from you!Contact Us